There is a robust movement for media literacy education in the U.S. which is a “big tent” framework that The Media Spot uses to orchestrate critical analysis and production of media in all forms, digital citizenship, information literacy, digital literacy, computer science, STEM and educational technology in public school curricula. Based on long-standing core principles of media literacy, we work directly with administrators and teachers to locate, streamline, and extend media literacy in schools using our custom Media Literacy Scope and Sequence Template.
HOW TMS ACTIVATES MEDIA LITERACY EDUCATION IN K-12 SCHOOLS
- Direct collaborative planning with teachers and model teaching with students
- In-school multi-teacher workshops for curriculum design with corresponding “lab site” demonstrations and debriefing
- Interdisciplinary collaborative planning
- Administrative visioning (including on the purchasing and managment of digital resources)
- Multi-school media literacy curriculum exchanges