Interactive White Boards (IWBs) are becoming more and more a tool of the modern classroom. They can be great for sharing, analyzing and deconstructing digital media, and getting kids out of their seats and interacting physically with content. Although there are many brands, the IWB most commonly used in New York is made by SMART Tech. Most of the activities listed in this post can be recreated with a laptop and projector, without an IWB, or even recreated with an iPad (see below).
TMS's Living List of Resources, Ideas & Best Practices
Smartboard Software & Tutorials
- Download Smartboard Software (free)
- Smart Notebook Math Tools (need a site license)
- Smart Notebook 10 Training Manual
- SMART's Education Home page
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR_okRhiiO