Workshop agenda from TMS at Transit Tech High School to establish teaching practices that encourage students to collaboratively-produce study guides using digital resources. (more…)
The second-grade teachers at PS 130 in Brooklyn are experimenting with integrating student multimedia production through iPads in their units of study on NYC communities, restaurants, and birds. (more…)
A VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to leave comments in 5 ways – using voice (with a mic or phone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). (more…)
A VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to leave comments in 5 ways – using voice (with a mic or phone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). Share a VoiceThread with friends, students, and colleagues for them to record comments too on any Internet enabled computer or mobile device (Apple only as of Fall 2012).
How we’ve used it
TMS has used voicethread in schools to engage multiple literacies, practice speaking and listening skills (esp. with ELLs), allow teachers and students to collaborate and communicate using multimedia asynchronously, allow students to deconstruct media (their own productions, or others’), create open-ended student or class reflection journals, create mixed media “living” publications, and more.
How to get started:
- What is a Voicethread?
- Voicethread Mobile in the iTunes App Store
- The Voicethread Blog
- Sign up for Ed.Voicethread.com for K-12 Educators ($10 one time fee for full access, $60/yr for “Class Subscription”)(OR sign up for a free Voicethread account and look for a free “Single Educator” upgrade under “My Account”)
- Slideshow: 26 Interesting Ways to use Voicethread in the Classroom
- The Voicethread for Education Wiki
- @Voicethread on Twitter
- The following are video tutorials by TMS (recorded with Jing Screencapture software) to help you get started with Voicethread.com:
- Sign up for an account at Voicethread.com
- Voicethread: The Basics (Looking through your voicethreads, zooming in, leaving comments, choosing identities)
- Creating Identities within your Account for your students
- NOTE: Your free, or pro account comes with built-in tutorials as well in your "My Voice" page.